Weddings are always special and what makes it stand out from the rest is if it is a Destination Wedding. This is indeed in vogue this season and many people are planning their wedding at exotic locations to translate their dreams into reality.
If you are planning a destination wedding, then here are some tips to ensure it is affordable:
- Plan ahead: The first thing that you need to keep in mind when you are talking about destination wedding is that you need to plan everything ahead. The more time you have in hand the less you will actually need to spend. Remember, that destination weddings involve travelling that means booking flights. Also, it is a known fact that last minute flights are always expensive. Hence, make it a point that you plan things like flight tickets and number of guests travelling well in advance, so that you do not overspend at the last hour.
- Choose the location: Now, the second most important aspect after the bride and groom in a destination wedding is the destination itself. The destination is of paramount importance. So, please choose the same with care. Now, coming to the budget say if you are having a monsoon wedding then plan a wedding at exotic location like Goa which will be spell bounding beautiful but also cheap on the pocket as it is not a peak tourist time. Also, the added bonanza is the fact that one can avail lowest airfare, as it is an off season.
- Get a confirmed RSVP : If you are planning a destination wedding , then chances are that you will also have to pay for the guests air fare. So, before you actually make the air ticket booking, ensure that you actually cross check with your guest list as to who all are coming. This will help you to save money spent on cancelling the tickets at the last minute and also save you from the cost of rescheduling the flights.
- Combine it will honeymoon: When you are planning a Destination wedding, you can actually club the destination as your honeymoon destination also. This way, you will save money on flight ticket booking. In this scenario, instead of booking 2 tickets one for the wedding and one for the honeymoon, you can actually just book one set only and save money this way.
- Keep it Lean: When you are planning a destination wedding in a budget, then it is important to keep it lean. Firstly, trim down your guest list. The best way to go about this is to only invite your close relatives and near and dear one’s. Secondly, when you are planning the wedding decoration, ensure that it is minimal and certainly not over the board.
The above are 5 tips that will not only help you to plan your dream destination wedding but also ensure that it is affordable and within your budget.