New Zealand is a trip of a lifetime and will leave you mesmerized with its beautiful landscapes, perfect mountains, stunning glaciers, regal fiords, crystal clear rivers, lush green forests, and isolated wild beaches. It is an adventurer’s heaven; you must take plan your next long vacation here and read our New Zealand Adventure trip guide to drive the best of your trip. When in New Zealand, do not miss to do these things or visit these places.
- Discover Fiordland: Located in New Zealand’s south island, the national park has both Doubtful and Milford Sound. Explore the forest trail along the Milford shore and view the splendid Mitre Peak, or witness the breathtaking waterfalls while taking the Chasm Walk on the Cleddau River. You can also take on hiking adventures along the Milford Track.
- Relax in the Bay of Island: This low key area is perfect for dolphin and whale watching, tanning in the warm sun, swimming, boating, fishing, and trying a variety of sea food.
- See the Waitomo Glowworm Caves: Visit this place at night to witness the magical glow of glowworms guiding you through the way. Imagine yourself floating down rivers, jumping over waterfalls, and staring at the starry sky in the cave. You can also choose to tube or rappel through the caves.
- Heli-hiking Franz Josef Glacier: Take the 3 hour long heli-hike – a scenic flight over this glacier, explore the remote areas on foot, and soak in the Hot Pools.
- Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing: This challenging hike will take through places where The Lord of the Rings was shot. You will witness volcanic terrains, high peaks, sulfur lakes, and lush forests.
- Try Adventure Sports: Do not miss the 500ft Nevis Bungy Jump outside of Queenstown, the 15,000 ft skydiving over Lake Taupo, and skiing in the southern hemisphere.
- Visit the Abel Tasman National Park: Explore the blue water, lush jungles, and warm temperatures in this park; you can also take the multi-day hiking trails and or go kayaking.
- Chill in Wellington: The capital city offers great architecture, exciting nightlife, amazing restaurants, and cultural activities.Do visit the Wellington Botanical Garden.
- Unwind in Rotorua: Enjoy the rich Maori cultural shows and the odor of the sulfur mud pits along with the thermal spas to relax in.
- Ride the gondola in Christchurch: An enthralling experience right from when the ride begins at Heathcote Valley floor and goes up to Mount Vaendish, where you can relax in the restaurant at the top soaking in the view.
- Explore Queenstown: Let yourself loose in the action capital of New Zealand. You can try many outdoor activities and sports here, eat delicious food (especially at Fergburger), and experience the amazing night life.
- Explore Milford Sound: Located in Fiordland, Milford Sound’s beauty deserves a special mention. Visit the Mitre Peak, Stirling and Bowen Falls, beautiful seal and penguin colonies, Milford Discovery Centre, and Underwater Observatory to see rare black coral and other underwater life.
- Be in Hobbiton: Take a tour to Hobbiton where famous movies namely The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed. Drive through the 1,250 acre sheep farm and enjoy the splendid Kaimai Ranges.
- Take one of the Great Walks: Do take one of the nine Great Walks. This hiking trail is beyond your imagination and will take you through most magnificent places and iconic locations of the country including prehistoric rainforests, beautiful wildlife areas, active volcanoes, emerald lakes, and epic waterfalls.
- Discover Wine Country: The country’s wine regions are spread onto 1,000 miles from sub-tropical Northland down to Central Otago. The Hawke’s Bay, Martinborough, Marlborough, and Central Otago are home to many vineyards.
A trip to New Zealand is the most heart-pounding and awe-inspiring experience one can have. Don’t wait; take a tour one of the most adventurous countries in the world.